Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Kids....Plural!

Again, it's been a few months since I've posted. Time just gets away from me, especially now with a busy 16 month old who is always on the go. Griffin and I have been enjoying our time together, spending our days at gymnastics, playdates, and playing at home and outside.

But, we are now down to the final stretch of no longer being a single child family. Less than 4 weeks to go and we will have KIDS, plural! It's crazy to think that Griffin won't be the only center of our attention.

As I try to prepare, both mentally and otherwise, I find myself wondering if I'm ready for this. I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but at this point I don't really have a choice.  This baby is coming, sooner rather than later.

I'm trying to cherish the remaining time I have with just Griffin, and to get over my guilt of cutting Griffin's time with just me short. I know that he and his sibling will be great friends as they grow up together, but I still sometimes feel like he's getting a raw deal. I know that the new baby won't likely get time with just me, but Griffin still just seems so small, and he still needs his mom a lot of the time. This has been weighing on me quite heavily lately and it's something I've been working through.

I have several friends who have had a second baby fairly close in age to their first in the last few months, and they are all adjusting well. I know we will too and when I meet our newest addition, I'll be just as in love with him or her as  I am with Griffin. And I know Griffin will be a great big brother.

So, here goes nothing! Bring on the baby (when it's ready, of course), and the chaos that will be my life for the next few years. 30 could be an interesting year for me!

Thanks for reading. Don't expect another post anytime really soon; my limited time is about to become nonexistent. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment