I'm going to need some help on this one, being that I'm so new at being a mother myself. So please feel free to leave your comments below. I'll keep adding as I think of them too.
This one happened just last night....You know you're a mother when you get peed on at bath time, and you still wear the shirt to run errands because the pee has dried and the shirt doesn't smell (to you anyway).
You know you're a mother when you like grocery shopping because you get to leave the baby at home for half an hour.
You know you're a mother when you finally get to wash your hair for the first time in 3 days and 20 minutes after you finish blow drying it, you get puke all over the tips (but you go out anyway - what's a little crunchy ends?)
You know you're a mother when you plan your day around diapers, feeding, and naps.
You know you're a mother when your life revolves around a little 12 pound bundle of joy, and you couldn't be happier.
You know you're a (new) mother when your idea of a great Valentine's Day is if your husband cooks dinner, does the dishes, and puts the baby to bed so you can catch a few extra hours of sleep (even if those hours start at 8:00 pm). I added new to this one in the hopes that not every Valentine's Day from here on out follows this same pattern.
I'm looking forward to hearing your examples as well!
Oooh...thought of one already. This happened this morning. You know you're a mother when you get excited about pumping 4 oz. of breast milk in 10 minutes - efficient!
ReplyDeletewhen you cry a little on Mondays and Wednesdays because there is no one at home to not leave you alone so you can just go pee in peace!!
ReplyDelete